Thursday, January 31, 2013

Topping sign - Jan 2013

The market movement is not very strange, or I should say it is not healthy. I am expecting a pull back to at least 1475 level, to re-test the break out. I will wait for a lower high to make trading decision.

(I will update this post later.)

No chart today. Software broken.
Win 8 sucks. It's the worst ever operating system in human history. MS is running into a wrong direction.
XP good, Vista bad, Win 7 good, Win 8 bad. In this pattern I should expect something from win 9. I need it next week.

Fortunately, I bot a computer with Win 8 pro. The only thing pro is better is.........
it comes with a free downgrade option. hurray me in win 7 again.

These are the 2 charts I monitor frequently. Both of them saying it could be a topping pattern. After a crazy January, we may need a break.

Here are some facts about VIX. The weighted VIX futures premium between the first and second months declined significantly.
The VIX put-call ratio, as well as the SPX equity only put-call ratio increased. (A wider spread is market bearish while a narrower spread is bullish since means the VIX put-call ratio relative to the SPX put-call ratio is lower.) However, the VIX futures volume and the open interest declined. The combination of a lower VIX premium and declining open interest suggests moderately less professional hedging enthusiasm although one would expect to see more hedging in anticipation of a correction as the index continues advancing.




This is my harmonic chart. To be honest with you, I am less confident on it now since it is changing from Gartley to Butterfly. In textbook, the pull back could be stronger, but I am not sure when it will fire out, nor if it would fire.







Me the derivative guy. I don't trade ETF. Occasionally I check the charts for confirmation.

This is the floating chart still in developing stage. It called for top already.

No comments:

Post a Comment