Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Low Maintenance Portfolio - Nov 2011

Short summary: Long 40% bond, 20% Gold, 40% money market.

No I don't buy it. I don't like the market movement despite a crazy October. I shall always remember my research with a guy COB. It is not how much money you make but how much you avoid to lose counts in a long enough term. Cash is still king. I put another lot (20%) into mid-term bond, holding Gold from last month and have the remaining 40% in cash.
Recently the seasonality shows trend turn every month and extreme every Monday. The market is far from being stabilized. 1255 was my upside correction target. I believe last weeks rally above 1255 are all short-covering. I count it as wave 2 peaked at spx 1293. I am expecting bigger movements in front.  I think spx need to revisit 1074 which is the low of this year.
Interestingly, when I was googling fancy wallpaper, I found this chart.



Don't know who the author is, but I like it and decide to post the link here. Tip off. :D

This month REIT actually turned positive, but again I don't want to buy it. Here is a report from Big Picture indicating a soft housing data. There is nothing wrong to play conservative. I will at least wait for another month.

Other evidence including the MF bankruptcy news such as this one, and my reading on EURO chart below:


Closing statement: November will be interesting. I may think of add equity in the middle of the month if MF turned out to be a plain BK and Europe turn out to be not worse.

Early episode:
Low-Maintenance-Portfolio-2
Low-Maintenance-Portfolio-1
The Ivy Portfolio”.


BTW, somebody keeps on asking me about AAPL even though I keep on telling him/her I am not going to cover AAPL anymore. Anyway, here is a picture for that person. enjoy :D


No comments:

Post a Comment