Thursday, October 6, 2011

In Memoriam: Steve Jobs


Heartbreaking news about Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Is it for real this time? In 2008 Bloomberg mistakenly declared his death once. I really wish it’s another mistake by media again. Words are entirely and perilously inadequate.

From Apple website




I don’t have anything made by apple, except Apple stocks. Steve is Apple. What he delivered is not the hardware, but the idea, the concept, the culture, the fashion, whatever you want to call it. This is what I put down on 9/19/11:
Nobody else has the power of persuasion like he does. He is the guy to get all media guru to sit together and work the online media sharing plan out. This is IMO the biggest value-add from Steve. It will keep aapl in the same growing pace for another good period of time, and it is also my biggest concern of the post-Jobs era. My plan is clear: I buy aapl purely because of Jobs and I will close out it if he dies.
An online pen-pal StrikePrice replied:
You are completely right it's about content. N … AAPL wants you to have an internet connection and then get everything you need from them...no Comcast, no Netflix, no Verizon for TV or movies. If AAPL can pull that off they will own the home the way MSFT owns the PC...well not quite that good but future growth is better than what Windows now faces.

Too sad. Steve cannot see that happening. My interest with Apple closed here. I will no longer cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment